Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
Yuyutsu Sharma is a leading South Asian poet published by Nirala Publications, and has a growing international reputation. He is currently in New York, and has several forthcoming readings there, details below:
Pulitzer Prize-winner Natasha Trethewey’s & Yuyutsu R. D. Sharma
Poem as World / World as Poem Reading at New York University
Natasha Trethewey and Yuyutsu Ram Dass Sharma
Pulitzer Prize-winner Natasha Trethewey’s fourth collection of poetry, “Thrall,” is forthcoming from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt in Fall 2012. Born in Nakodar, Punjab, poet and translator Yuyutsu Ram Dass Sharma is the author of many books, including “Nepal Trilogy” (Epsilonmedia, Karlsruhe, Germany, 2011) and “Milarepa’s Bones, Helambu” (Nirala Publications, 2012). This event is co-sponsored with the NYU Office for International Students and Scholars.
Location: Lillian Vernon Creative Writers House, 58 West 10th Street, between 5th and 6th Avenues
Friday, March 23rd, 7:00 p.m.
• Thursday, March 8, 2012 @ 7pm.: at Location: at Baruch College, Engelman Recital Hall Journeys Through Nepal and India: Yuyutsu Sharma reading with Robert Scotto and Lu Wu; Baruch Performing Arts Center, Baruch College: 25th St. (bet. 3rd and Lexington Aves.), NYC, For Free Reservations call (646) 312-5073 http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/bpac/calendar/event.php?id=778
Friday, March 23rd, 7:00 p.m.: at Location: at New York University, Lillian Vernon Creative Writers House, 58 West 10th Street, between 5th and 6th Avenues; Poem as World / World as Poem :Yuyutsu Ram Dass Sharma Reading with Pulitzer Prize-winner Natasha Trethewey. Trethewey’s fourth collection of poetry, Thrall, is forthcoming from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt in Fall 2012. Sharma is the author of many books, including Nepal Trilogy, (Epsilonmedia , Germany and Milarepa’s Bones, Helambu, (Nirala Publications, 2012). This event is co-sponsored with the NYU Office for International Students and Scholars. More: http://cwp.fas.nyu.edu/page/readingseries
• March 16st, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Friday: at the Prelaunch of David Austell’s Garuda and other poems of Astral Plains ( Nirala, 2012) and Yuyutsu Sharma’s Milarepa’s Bones, Helambu ( Nirala, 2012) ; JujoMukti Tea Longue211 East 4th Street, New York, NY 10009 ·Directions: Subways F, M (2nd Ave & Houston); 6 (Astor Place; 8th St and 4th Ave.); Bus 14A from Union Square (3rd St stop and Ave. A).Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 19177768438. David Austell and Yuyutsu Sharma shall read from their just published books and speaking on their making.
• March 18, 2012 4 pm, Yuyutsu Sharma with Angela Lockhart & Jacqueline Deweever at Phoenix Reading Series @ Scali Caffe Sunday, Scali Caffe 245 Bleecker Street West of Carmine Street New York, NY 10014 212.255.5353 Take the 1, 2, 3, to Christopher Street–Sheridan Square A, C or E trains to West 4th Street, HOST: Michael Graves
• March 21st, 6:00-9:00 p.m.: at the Launch of Christi Shannon Kline’s new book, No Child More Perfect, Nirala, 2012, Nightingale Lounge; 213 2nd Avenue @ 13th Street Manhattan, New YorkMonday, March 21, 2012, Yuyutsu Sharma will host the book launch party for Christi Shannon Kline’s debut book. Yuyutsu in addition to other esteemed poets, authors and actors such as Richard Jeffrey Newman, David B. Austell, Randolyn Zinn, Andy Gallo and Debra Vogel will join Christi in the first official reading from her book. More: www.christishannonkline.com
• Tuesday, March 27th, 6:00pm – 7:30pm; Poetry Reading: David Austell & Yuyutsu R.D. Sharma at NYU Bookstore, 726 Broadway , New York, NY 10003 (212) 998-4667, Fax (212) 995-4118, http://www.bookstores.nyu.edu/events/
• Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 7:00 p.m.: at the Williams Center for the Arts, William Carlos Williams Poetry Cooperative of Southern Bergen County, One Williams Plaza, Rutherford NJ, Yuyutsu shall read from his new book, Milarepa’s Bones, Helambu ( Nirala, 2012) plus read the words of William Carlos Williams. Call the Rutherford Public Library at 201.939.8600 for more information.